Wednesday, December 28, 2005

7th Year Bible Camp!

Selamat Pagi semua sekalian, harap saudara/saudari berada dalam keadaansihat sihat belaka, boleh makan dan tidur baik. kekeke..It's been a longtime since I've wrote anything in here and I've got loads to share hereabout my past extreme experience in Bible Camp 2005! First of all, I didnot plan to go for this year's camp because of work. But then as the dayspassed by, something bothered me very much and my heart feels like groaningto go for this particular camp. Then, there are some people asking me to goas well. Then I thought to myself, why not?But the camp registration listis all 'booked up' already and there's no more space for me to be in it.I prayed about it and see what God have in plan for me then. Then I called upthe camp commitee to ask whether the camp is fully booked up or not. Trueenough, it was fully booked and even exceeded the amount catered for the camp. There and then, I was upset but still had faith in God and toldmyself, "if it's God's will for me to go, I shall be there." and shrugs offthe issue then. After 1 week or so, I've got a call from one of thecommitee while I was on the way home in Justin's car after steamboat BBQwith my church members in Gurney. Much to my suprise, I was told that therewas some people that pulled out from the camp and I was slotted in toreplace them.Speechless for a second but felt overjoyed in my heart that God answered myprayer!Indeed, it was not a waste of effort of trying to go to the camp.Well, I have gained alot from the camp itself, both spiritually and'physically' (as i'm like the garbage truck that sapu everything duringmeals). Besides that, I met alot of new friends there as well but alsonoticed one thing : I'm the oldest in my group! *gasp..A kid in an adultbody..haha..anyway, I still managed to get into the group and had funtogether with the group members although they were quite young..youngerthan me almost 3-4 years..or even more!

Going to this year's camp was really an eye opener to me as a 7th yearbible camper. Why?Those who went to this camp will know why! Burmah RoadGospel Hall have done a very very good job in organizing such excellentcamp~! with all the hard work, all the events that are executed there arenew and a unique experience for all campers.The Amazing G-Race, SurvivorsNight and Oscar night was such events that I would never ever forget in mylife. Not forgetting the wonderful speaker that spoke boldly on the Word inthe camp, Mr Andrew Cowell! Man, he is the one that makes the camp asuccess. A camp would be a failure if there was no spiritual lessons learntor edified even if the events were superb. What matters the most is achanged life and I believe it impacted me so much so that I'm all fired upand take my walk with God seriously. I would share what I've learntthroughout the camp in my latter posts in order to edify or inspire thosewho read this 'blog'..hehe

Anyway, just to close up this matter, a challenge for me next year isto...try to crack my brain on how to organize the 60th Bible Camp nextyear..arghhh..BRGH!! You've set the standard too high!!! ARghh...

No comments: