Thursday, October 19, 2006

I saw my GM in cyber cafe!!!

It was Tuesday, I decided to have a game of DotA at Infinity with my friends after work.Drove there as usual and had a wonderful game there pawning all the players..haahaa..Then it was 9:30 pm and I played my last game before I head to the counter to pay.When I finished my game, I headed to the counter and lined up to pay the bill when I saw someone familiar.Someone who is most unlikely to be found in a cybercafe, someone who pays my check every month and someone who determines my yearly bonus...Then I turned around and saw my General Manager playing castle defend of Warcraft!!! I was stunned for 3 seconds there before I come back to my senses.I just couldn't believe my eyes and what I saw.Of all the people, my GM????Well I had a Section Head working colleague that plays with me often but...GM???WoW...That's a shocker..For once I thought GM's only play golf with his high class friends and dine at overpriced clubs and talk businesses.

Never have I thought the impossible, my GM plays DotA....That thought sank with me for the rest of the night and I thought of inviting him for my gaming sessions as well every week.As I went to work the next day, I told my colleagues about what I saw and all of them got shocked for 3 seconds before responding..hahahaa...well, we have a gamer here and we WOULD love him to play with us!hahahaa...

Well, after that encounter, I believe that games are not really for teenagers or kids (Someone actually calls me keena for playing games...:( ) but nevertheless the old as well.I believe that behind a successful man is always a man itself. My GM is also human, flesh and blood, and there was no shame in playing games at his age.It was pure entertainment and fun! Now I am more than convinced that playing games is not only for the young but also for the old! hahahaha..its just the matter of interest..:D

No comments: