Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Just the two of us

" This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of[d] the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be
renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. "
Ephesians 4: 17 - 24

As I read this text for my morning devotion, I've been challenged by the words that speaks to me. Certainly any person would know what I'm talking about when they read of the verse itself right? One would say "Yeah, live holy lives as the Bible preaches, nothing new" or "Yeah, we gotta be like this like that to be this and that" such idealistic words and visions people can have.It's not wrong to have such idealistic dreams but if its just for plans without actions towards it then it will continue to be as a plan.What I'm stressing on is the impact.Does these words impact you?Or rather are they just mere words?Do I see myself being renewed in the spirit of my mind, putting on the new man which was created according to God? Am I putting off my former conduct that corrupts according to my deceitful lusts?Or am I a hypocrite that often wears a mask outside and always speaks the right things but never practice them?

This verse I don't see it as an encouragement or an advice, I see it as a command itself.I am charged to NOT walk in my old ways anymore but walk in the light as God have enlightened me with His truth.I was once walking in the ways of my own desires and lusts but now being shown the truth, I cannot be ignorant about the truth because if I would, I would be living out a lie by knowing the truth.It shocks me sometimes when I read this verse over and over again just to find that there is no such thing as a compromised "Christian" that have different lifestyles to accomodate himself.It is either Christ or yourself.There can never be 2 rulers in a country.Same goes with our lives, where only one can be our master.It's either ourselves or Christ.It all boils down into a decision.Decide therefore today if you call yourself a Christian, do you live your life
just like what Ephesians 4:17-24 speaks about or are you compromising your life?

I am still striving to deny myself and subject myself to Christ.Have I succeeded?I would'nt say so.Have I failed?Too many times..But the decision still have to be made..It's either you or Christ..I pray that both you and me would always choose Christ.Amen

No comments: