Sunday, June 01, 2008

Team Hoyt - Redeemer

I'm always motivated when I watch this short video clip of Team Hoyt competing in an Iron man Triathlon.It never fails to inspire me whenever I lacked motivation and confidence in facing my challenges.I would always remind myself that wherever I go, I have someone like Rick Hoyt (the father in the clip)that guides me and runs along with me each and everyday of my life.This 'someone' is my Heavenly Father that watches over me and never fails to be there for me when I need Him and even in times when I don't feel that He's there for me although the truth is He's still there for me.

Sometimes I felt that I'm just like the handicap son, Rick that needed his father to push me around to where I'm supposed to be heading.This video clip showed me best on what total dependence should be like when I have problem committing myself to God.Sometimes I think that I just have to let go and let God take charge of my life while I place my trust on Him and enjoys the view wherever He plans to take me to although most of the time, I couldn't let that happen.

However, this video also reflects how the gospel of Christ can be shown clearly here.We don't earn God's favor by our own efforts but rather rely on Christ's finished work on the cross to save us.There's nothing we can do to earn God's favor when everything we do is tainted with sin.The only way is to accept what God has done for us and repent of our sinful ways to follow Him.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

P/S: If Penang Bridge run is still on this year, I might be joining it again after watching this video but too bad it's canceled..aiya..although I broke my toe nails each time, I finished the race..ish..

No comments: