Friday, June 06, 2008

The third heavens...

I took a day off from work today.

Hooray!FINALLY I got a day off to rest just to recover from work fatigue that was accumulated since last 2 weeks.Took my US counterpart out for sight seeing and food hunting on the last weekend.He(US counterpart) was so excited about Penang and durian could not stop bugging me for more authentic Penang food even during weekdays.Had to entertain him throughout his stay here and that took a toll on me since most of the time I had to drive.

So since I took a day off, I went for a movie at Queensbay with my church friends. All together 5 of us went and watched Kungfu Panda. As I was loitering around the gaming section, I met another group of my church youth group that came for the movie as well. I went to catch up with them a little and they was shocked to see their YP Chairman there when he was 'supposed' to be working!I told them that I took leave to watch movie with friends and one of them was shocked till her eyes was opened wide as if I was 'pontenging' work.

After the movie, I saw I had 2 missed calls so I called them back (Both of them are my church mates) and I found out that one of them is in the arcade zone when the other one is on the way to Queensbay to watch Indiana Jones.I thought to myself for a moment whether why is everybody coming to Queensbay today!Then as I walked around the arcade zone to greet my church mate, I met another 2 church members playing the drum game.Walau eh, got so many church members around Queensbay one!Luckily didn't bring any date with me that day or else..rumors will spread like wild fire...

I met at least 15 church members today and I got really excited about that because its like everywhere I go,I'd know someone.Felt famous for a little while.Hehe.As I enjoyed this thought, my mind soon caught focus on the thought of eternity.One day I will be amongst and together with all my brothers and sisters in Christ spending eternity together with God forever.The more I thought about it,the more excited I become.I am certain that we'll all one day meet in the third heavens whether God takes our lives first or He cames back again.


14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.[b]
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.


1 Thes 4:14-18


I am comforted and looking forward to that day when I can be with my brothers and sisters in Christ forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.