Thursday, July 10, 2008

If I Had To Die For Someone

As I was surfing the net, I've thought of searching for some old Petra songs since most of the albums I bought when I was young was still in cassette format!To make things worse, all my cassettes are in bad shape and my cassette players are all malfunction as well.So since I miss their melodies so much, I resorted to YouTube as my source of Petratainment. Hehe

One of the songs I missed most was this one,"If I Had To Die For Someone" which sounds almost identical with Matchbox 20's "Push" (only the intro part).This song plays a catchy tune,simply contains meaningful lyrics (no misleading phrases or complicated sentences),and finally a good voice to back it up! John Schlitt!! Fuah, that guy's vocals still going strong despite of his age. Check out his other songs in YouTube if you have time.

The song simply speaks of our willingness to die for someone who is much likely to be like ourselves.A sinner like myself to die for another sinner.Sometimes when I think about it, if I had to die for someone, can I do it?Of course if taking my life to save my parents, I would willingly do it because they are the ones that raised me up and loved me for who I am.However, in reality it is really not that easy to take the plunge even when you think you would do it.Well at least for me, there's still some fear preventing me from dying for someone.

How about dying for someone who hates you?Or dying for your enemies?It would be ridiculous and absurd because I might die in vain and I wouldn't know if dying for him/her did any good at all.He/she might even laugh or ridicule me for my stupidity.I will not be able to see the end result of my 'sacrifice' and will certainly regret doing so.

However,this wasn't the case for Jesus.He came into this world as a man so that He might taste death for everyone in this whole world.His enemies ridiculed and mocked Him as they crucified Him.They made fun of Him but yet He spake not a single word.He gave His life willingly for all his enemies and He was raised from the dead in the third day after his burial.He didn't took any revenge at those who crucified Him but yet He gave eternal life to those who believed in Him.Cool and sporting guy don't you think God is?He lived to see His end results.

He gave up His life for our sake so that by His death, we might live the life He wants us to live in.He is the only one who is able to gave up His life and take it up once again.

No comments: