Sunday, November 09, 2008

Who's your boss?

Last Monday I had the privilege of being rewarded at work.

It goes like this: I went to work as usual when suddenly my boss grabbed me into a room. At first I thought I must have done something wrong or I must have forgotten to do something for him.My boss is a very detailed person and would like everything to be done according to the standard procedure. I've been scolded by him before some time ago when I did things to improve the results but wasn't following the standard procedure which he ended up removing all those improvements.However, my boss, despite being an idealist, he's actually a very good boss that knows how to take care of my needs and understanding.No, he doesn't know that I write blogs and I'm certain that he won't read this here. Heh Heh

So here am I, in a room with him, feeling a little nervous of what's going to happen next.Holding in his hand was 3 envelopes.There can only be 3 possibilities.One is that I've done something so wrong that I would only redeem myself if I'll be forfeited of my job. Two, I'll get a raise for no reason.Lalala. And three, it's my monthly pay slip.

Without wasting more time, my boss, being a direct person as he is, told me that the first envelope is my monthly pay slip. The second one is my raise! (I was told that I was actually being underpaid for the level of job grade which I hold and was given a raise to meet the minimum expectation for that level of job grade.There was only 57 people in the whole company who was given this raise!) Instead of feeling "bo tart" for working for the company for almost a year getting paid below par, I actually felt that it was indeed a real blessing to receive this raise! I wouldn't mind if I was being paid lesser than I ought to because if the company did not intend to give me that raise, I wouldn't even realized that I was underpaid! It was purely out of their good conscience or God's will to bless? I would believe the latter.

People may think that the company is suppressing me by underpaying me and advised me that I should get a back payment for the mistake that they have done.Unfortunately, I would like to think otherwise.By receiving this raise now, I felt that my hard work actually paid off and God blessed me with this earthly blessing.Besides, if I was given the right amount from the beginning, I would not feel the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment because I don't really know much or did much in the beginning.

As I was feeling ecstatic when I received that second envelope, a third envelope came in. It was a token of appreciation (RM100 voucher angpow from Carrefour) from my boss for all the support that I've done during midnights plus weekends.By that time, I was already 'high' with so much blessings in one day.He told me that he was sorry because he didn't gave it me earlier so that I could enjoy my weekend but whatever it is, I don't really care when he gives it to me anyway. As long as he gives me, I'm overjoyed. Heh Heh

I thanked him with my smile that's so wide that my eyes turned into Mashi Maro's eyes.I walked out that room and immediately uttered a thanksgiving prayer unto the Lord for His goodness for I believe all good things comes from Him and Him alone. I believe that God is the true boss even though He appoints many bosses to govern us in our lives in order for us to submit unto them. And finally, even though I may change my job to elsewhere, my earthly bosses will change accordingly but my true boss never changes and in this I delight unto the Lord.

"Oh Lord, thank You for blessing me so much even though I have not acquire them from You. Indeed You will perform every good will according to your time and your ways which I have no clue about it for Your ways are not my ways, and Your thoughts are not my thoughts. For this, I will keep on clinging on You regardless of what the future may hold because my life is in You, Lord.

In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ' name I pray,
Amen."

No comments: