Monday, April 27, 2009

Farewell

This post is dedicated to my co-worker whom will be leaving the company at the end of this week for a brighter future in Australia as he and his family will be migrating there.

In this post, I would like to express my gratitude and thanks to him for all that he has contributed alongside with me to the company and the example he left behind for me to imitate. A legacy left behind for an amateur to follow.Before I begin, I would like to look back at those times when Philip first came for the interview which was also my first encounter with him.

In my mind, I thought that I would have difficulties to work with him because he's like 10 years my senior! I was afraid that he would despise me and would pick on every wrong thing I do. So I took precaution and tried to gave my best shot at guiding him through the work which I did. While I was still having those thoughts, he told me to treat him like a newborn baby who needs even the slightest guidance during the training. It was an eye opener to see how humble he is and that calmed me down quite alot as I was not ready to guide anybody seeing myself still fumbling over my work, still trying to grasp the whole big picture of the MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) architecture.

After a few weeks guiding him through, he proved to be a person with great humility and holds a great sense of responsibility as there are some times which he made some mistakes and would honestly admit it. Not everyone has the guts to admit their mistakes to damage their dignity or pride, well at least, for those whom I've met so far. 7/10 people are like that in my sampling field. I'm getting more comfortable working with him and we quickly became good colleagues. It made my life much better after getting to know him better from working with him.

Besides that, the other thing which made me more comfortable with him was that we serve the living Savior together. When he told me that he's a Christian, that made me felt so glad as I'm working alongside with my brother in Christ! I'm filled with joy whenever there's someone who would have the same conviction with me which made so many more things easier. Not that I could abuse him to do something or command him to fix issues, but to bear each others burden as we work alongside.Whenever there's an issue during the weekend, it didn't stopped him from coming back to the plant and tried solving it. He did that countless of times and that alone put me to shame.I really felt that it was God's blessing and a way of teaching me to appreciate every sacrifice he made to have the problems solved without having me to come back into the plant. What made me appreciate more was that he did not boast about it or rub it at my face about it. It was as if God was telling me, "Imitate him in his pattern of humility." I was indeed encouraged by that thought and will give my best to do so.

Then one day, he told me that he was leaving soon for Australia. I was taken aside for a while and I began to be filled with grief. I was not sad because I couldn't rely on him during inconvenient times anymore, no, but sad to lose this humble and responsible brother. However, we know that this is not the end of all things. I wish you, Philip, all the best and God willing that we will meet someday again in Down Under or in the air with the Lord. :)

A small note of departure for you:

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me. All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.

Psalm 23

May the peace and grace of God be with you always. :)

1 comment:

Samuel said...

That's a very good colleague you have, I believe you're a good employee as well :).