Monday, June 01, 2009

27

Last 10 days I marked my 27th year of walking this earth.Time has indeed flew by and God hath been good plus gracious to me all these years of my life.It also marked the 11th year of walking with God.My 4th year as a working adult.I wonder what most of my peers did or have accomplished at this age. Hmm..let's see, most of them got married! Alan was married around that age, Adrian too, Kit Soon a little later, Aaron this weekend, and the best part is I have no one. Hahaha.. Anyway, I'm not trying to whine here but just trying to spice things up. Heh Heh..


On the bright side, I have a bunch of caring brothers and sisters in Christ to share my life and birthday with.I had 4 celebrations and I would not forget all the effort and love that each of them poured into my life.In this post, I would like to convey my deepest thanks and appreciation to Jonathan Low for driving all the way from Ipoh to Penang in order to bring my bible to me and coax with Justin and Ker Shin to have a surprise celebration for me.Although predictable but I thank you all for making the effort to celebrate my birthday and I really had a great time there.Your presence meant alot to me and I cherish each moment together with you guys..and girl..:)


Then the next day, I had another celebration with another group of brothers and sisters in Christ at the Times Square. This time, I would like to thank Samuel for organizing it and those who attended it, Jeff,Nicholas and Su Ting AKA Susan..We had our dinner buffet at Haven's Delight which offers similar delicacies as Tao offers but a little cheaper in price. Just a little cheaper but loses out in taste.We kept on comparing every dish we ordered with Tao since every dish is an exact replica from Tao. I guess the owner of this restaurant wants to compete with Tao so bad that he had to serve what Tao serves but failed big time though. Will be my first and last time there and yeah, don't be deceived about Times Square though. Even though the restaurant is already operational, it's only one of the 10% of the shops that are operational so when you go there, it feels like you're in one of L4D scene when zombies can hop on you at anytime.



Jeff and Nicholas gave me a present that made me laugh so much until I had to excuse myself to the loo because the sight of the present makes me burst into laughter and had stomach aches after that.Here's a picture of that gift and you'll know why..




Aneh gai..





Laugh until almost cried and peed..






Continue laughing..





On the eve of my birthday, Alan took me out for a midnight movie+ Starbucks treat even though he had to work the next day and I had holiday (Birthday holiday :P). We managed to spend some quality sharing time together and was converted into a Star Trek fan after our Star Trek movie that night.That movie was superb and was very well done especially for a first timer like me to enjoy a Star Trek movie. You know, if you're not familiar with the characters of the series, you wouldn't enjoy it as much as a Trekkie fan but this movie is very much different from all the Star Trek movies ever made.You gotta watch it if you haven't watch it before. ;) And he gave me this:

Yes.To be honest, this was one of the most prized gift I've ever received in my life from a buddy! Thanks Alan for this great gift and I will surely keep on running as long as God allows me to.:) (Now no excuse not to run! haha)

Then at night I had another celebration by Samuel, Su Ting and Ling Ee in a form of a karaoke session. I had some cake-smashing fun when Susan started putting cake on my face. Anyway, I had fun although I didn't smash any cake on anybody. I was so tempted to put the cream on the lense of Samuel's camera..hehe..Here are some photos taken that night:







Besides that, I had a blog post dedicated for me on my birthday! Thanks Stephen if you're reading this..:) Also alot of Facebook wishes from all my Facebooker friends..:)
Finally, the verse for my 27th birthday would be:
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."
2 Cor 4:17-18

1 comment:

Samuel said...

I like the pug figure, it looks cute actually :P. Btw, luckily you didn't put the cream unto my lens, else I will apply cream unto your Ipod if I see it XD.