Monday, November 26, 2007

Food Galore at Bing's~

Halo semua, it's been quite some time I've updated my blog due to the heavy load in work recently that caused me much anxiety.Took me 2 weeks to recover from my insomnia effect, went to see the doctor for more than 4 times in 2 weeks, dependent upon sleeping pills to sleep, recovery from my eczema outbreak due to insufficient rest and overhaul of work stress and much more.Thank God for His abundant grace that I finally managed to recover and now much alive and kicking!

Been wanted to blog about this quite some time but didn't get myself to do so due to the fact of me being lazy to upload these photos into my computer.Heh.Plegmatic person mar..what to do..A lazy reluctant person I am.


Well regardless of how lazy I am, I still managed to get things done~ hehe..Anyway, on the 8th of November, there was a small makan gathering among my church members, thanks to Suleen who willingly suggested that she'll cook for us all.


(The Al-Mighty Chef, Su-leen)

At first, I thought she was just messing around with me but she seems to be serious about it and starts planning for the menu.The best part was that she was delighted in doing it.So I thought it's gonna be fun so I join in by allowing her to use my place to cook and gather.Now when I thought back, man thank God I said yes to the plan or else I wouldn't be able to enjoy all her hebat delicacies.My mum was excited about it as well and even went to buy an oven just for the sake of catering to Suleen's needs.See how contagious she can be.Can even influence my mum to buy such thing.Haha.Well its good to have an oven now and I figure that it's easier to cook using an oven than using a wok.


So most of the girls (Sarah,Sin Yee,May Hsin) came together and went shopping with me for the ingredients as Suleen leads the team while I do the driving,paying..(well, after eating what's been cooked by her,I felt that it's worth paying it..hehe) and carrying.After that, we headed back home and started preparing for the dinner (well, to be honest, I was playing DoTA when the girls are preparing..hehehe..Yea, typical guy..dunno how to cook) from 2pm onwards until 8pm non-stop..All of them was heeding Suleen's instructions(Chef 'Remy') to do this and do that, and me watching them from afar..hahaha


(Yes..more mustard...MORE!!)

The food prepared was :


1) Mushroom Soup
(as good as Mizi's)

2) Salted Chicken (Yim Kuk Kai)..I think..


(my latest addiction)

3) Cheezy Sweet Potato..totally no idea how to call it..

(from the photo, it looks so scary..)

4) Bread Strata..this one confirm betul since it's been approved by the chef
(This is heavenly~)

5) Salad


(meat are for me,vege for girls...)

6) Ai Gaik..Hokkien term..dunno how to call it in English


(can sell beside the road already..taste exactly the same with Chulia Street's one)

Alas, after so much enjoyment for the stomach, I sat down and felt so blessed.Not because of the food only, but because of the fellowship that we had during that whole eventful day.I never open my house before for such a huge gathering due to many excuses I gave myself for not doing it.This was my first time having such a huge gathering in my home and definitely will not be the last.I felt so joyful to know that I have so many friends around me that cares for me and will be there for me when I need them.It really touches my heart to finally understands what it feels like to open my own home for gatherings such as this.I never learn how to be hospitable or am I hospitable by nature.I believe I have to learn be like one because in the end, best things are always shared among the people you love.

One thought came to my mind as I watched all my friends laugh and joke around the dinner table and eating at the same time which is this: I will spend eternity with all of them in heaven in that Day.I smiled to myself and said to myself, 'Now, that's paradise.'

Below are all the photos taken during the food galore.


(*Oh look at me, I have the thickest lips of them all* Sin Yee happily amuse herself)


(This is my best try!! *Nick tries to open his eyes for his kodak moment*)


(Justin teaches Kah Wai how to make salad popiah)


(95..96..97..98..still going strong..)



(Aww..always looking away from the camera..main star have no clear photo..where can!)


(Ah..got perfect photo d..sorry ar..have to curi from friendster :P)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*Oh look at me, I have the thickest lips of them all* Sin Yee happily amuse herself* - Aneh gai.