Monday, November 05, 2007

Remember,Remember the 5th Of November...






"...the gun powder treason on 1605...", quoted by V (V For Vendetta) reminds me of the precious lesson which I've learnt from watching this movie, V For Vendetta last year.Before I watched this film, I thought that it would be a boring talk show that integrates a sort of 'super hero' in it to make it marketable since most of the people don't favor talk shows..most people enjoys mindless action packed movies where the hero/heroine never dies or some mindless comedy that anyone would laugh their lungs out no matter how lame their jokes can be..Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy these kind of movies as well for a no-brainer like myself..haha

However, there are times, I would go for a serious movie where it requires some analytical skills of interpretation of speech and some hidden plots that would make you stand in awe once you discover the meaning of that mystery.You know what I mean.Movies like Matrix, Minority Report, The Bone Collector, The Island, V for Vendetta and others which are able to fuel the mind to wander in admiration of the concept and plots written for such movies.











Ok, back to 5th of November, Ahh..Many significant lessons I've learnt from this movie (V for Vendetta) but the most important lesson I've learnt was standing up for what is right even though you might be standing against all odds. Many people believe in the truth but never stands for the truth.Familiar?When we see something is wrong or injustice seems to prevails in a certain situation, most of the time there won't be anyone standing against it.Everyone just keep quiet and just let it happen even though they know deep down inside their heart that such things shouldn't happen and that justice should prevail.But no one would put their finger to amend such situation or even to voice out any disagreements against such plot.They think that by doing so, it would get themselves into trouble or unnecessary 'mess'.

We tend to think that one day justice will serve its rigthful purpose upon the offender that pollutes it and we think that the law will judge them eventually one fine day.Even though I believe in God and God will eventually punish every law offender in the End Times but I firmly believe that the law which God have entrusted to us, we have to safeguard and uphold it if we firmly believes in it.Let's put ourselves in the victim's shoes, wouldn't you feel that what is right is to be done and everyone around you should concur to support what which is right?Let's face it, taking a stand for something you firmly believes takes guts and truly requires courage to do that.I believe we are lack of 'guts' (I like guts better than courage because it reminds me of chicken guts..food..even though I don't eat them..) and that's why there's so many ah kua's around these days...nah, just kidding..

To solve a problem, we must always look for the root cause of that problem or else we might never solve the problem where it started.In my opinion, I felt that the root cause of this problem might be unnecessary attention drawn towards you.People would care less of whether or not justice is preserved and would only care what happens within his/her sphere of life.These are thought as excess baggages that might even effect their quiet little lives just by lifting their fingers or mouth to help the victim.Let's face it, we have been so self centered until we've become cowards that would stand up for the truth.Another fact would be too concious of what other's might think of us.We think that by standing up for the truth might hurt some other individuals around us thus we chose to stand with the majority.


I've got a forwarded mail from a friend that tells a true story in New York.There's this gentlemen walking to work while he was robbed and stabbed in an open day light in the streets of New York! While this gentlemen gloat and begged for help to sidewalkers, no one seemed to care and everyone was so engrossed with themselves than to realized his neighbour is in trouble.Kids filling their ears with iPods while adults looked elsewhere with their bluetooth cellphone talking away their business of the day.Finally, a street sweeper realized and asked for help to help that poor gentlemen to the hospital.What's wrong with these people?What are they thinking about?It's a man's life we're talking about here and no one seems to cared.

Well, let me speculate what's in their mind: "If I help this man, I might be labeled as his accomplice in his business and I'm afraid that the stabber would hunt after me if I helped him", "I've no time to help this man.I have a meeting in 10 minutes time.", "Let someone else help him but not me,I can't look at blood.","Maybe he deserved it.Maybe he's an adulterer or spy.Who knows?"..You would think that I've exaggerating abit but the essence is there.What I'm trying to convey is that people are not having the courage to stand up for the truth.If everyone were to stand up for what's right, I believe this would be totally another different scenario.You'll be seeing 2 or 3 young people running after that robber, 2 or 3 aiding the victim, and 1 calling 911.That would make the place a more secure place to walk in wouldn't it if everyone took the courage to be involved.


Unfortunately, our old values are clouded and darkened despite of growth of our civilization. Let this day remind all of us to stand up for what is right and true, and even though V is a fictional character in a comic but its lessons are valuable for us all to learn.Bring out the V in us and remember that V is not just a character but an idea.And 'ideas are...bulletproof'. They never dies.











No comments: