Saturday, September 13, 2008

Account 13th September 2008

It's 12:25 AM now and I just got back from a whole day of activities. Usually I'm already asleep at this time cause I have a strict schedule which I had to wake up at 6am everyday to get to work.However, tonight wasn't that usual night.Tonight I decided to pen down some of my thoughts and experience which I had today.(Although I know I should go to bed now since 7 hours later will be the Lord's Supper in church!)

It was an eventful day for me today as I begin the day by hanging out with Justin to the movies to watch "Money No Enough 2" which I had watched it 2 weeks ago with my mum.Well, although I have watched it already, I decided to watch it again with Justin just to have some laughs and spend some fellowship time together.It was a good comedy with a solemn ending at the end which touched most people's heart and makes them consider themselves.(I'm not going to spoil the movie for those who haven't watch it yet..)I gotta admit that this movie is a timely reminder for most people in this era and it serves as a good community show.

After the movie, we went for lunch in Nandos and met Jonathan Low with family there.We had a good time of fellowship there as well since I haven't really chatted with his family for quite some time.As for Jon Low, he's always teasing me with a girl which I have no interest on and most of the time, the conversation revolves around teasing here and there. Sigh. Gotta find a partner soon to stop his crap and tease.LOL

After that lunch, Justin and myself headed to church to 'anticipate' who would join the tracting in Youth Park which lo and behold, only 9 youths turned up including myself. It was a small group indeed but nevertheless that didn't disappointed me since I didn't really put high expectations on them.However, it striked me that some of them really had the zeal and passion for evangelism even though most of them had no idea what to say or what to do.It's really the heart that matters.Boldness and speech can be trained up or given by God but conviction only comes from within which matters the most.This shows that there are serious Christians afterall in our youth group and I rejoice to God for that!

When we got to Youth Park, we split ourselves into 2 groups. One led by Kok Wei and the other led by myself as we go separate ways to 'hunt'.I didn't had the boldness to approach anyone as I haven't done this for quite a long time so my fears overshadowed me.As I continue to walked along with the rest of them (Jeff,Mark,Sarah and Zara), I went to reach out by myself as I felt it harder to lead a group because it was quite awkward to have a bunch of people crowding around someone to be witnessed to.That person sure takut wan if kena mobbed by us.Heh

I went on to give chinese tracts to many chinese speaking people, mostly old ones since I had language barrier to reach out in Mandarin or Hokkien.However, I managed to bump into one auntie that could speak English when she indicated to me that she doesn't know how to read the chinese tract which I gave to her.I gathered my courage and tried to share to her in one on one basis by going into a spiritual conversation with her.As I was talking, the sky started to rain and suprisingly, the auntie seems like interested in the topic so we went and look for a shelter to continue our discussion.

She made some points stating that we cannot really define what is good and what is wrong as each of us have our own standards on what is good and bad which lies on every individual's interpretation.Well, I just simply agree with her to a certain extent but told her that there is a common set of right and wrongs where everyone else have in common which is the conscience.It is the conscience that bears witness against us when we do wrong or when we do right.I told her that no one in their right mind would think that murdering someone is a right thing or a lawful thing to do.Even if there's somebody with such mindset, the law will certainly take action on that person by the authorities.

Next, she made the comment on no one really knows that there's a God or not.I answered her back by showing her the nature around here.With such complicated design of nature itself, there's got to be a master designer behind the scenes working at them.Things are too great to happen by chance and if chances can takes it place so easily, then why wouldn't things get 'created' every once a while?Yet she still wasn't convinced at that point until I told her that there is someone who admited himself to be God and proved to everyone that He is God by being resurrected from the dead after the 3rd day of His death.He proclaimed it and proved it to mankind.

Then, she questions the validity of that statement and says that history is written by men and it could be a bias thought.I agreed with her to a certain point but chose to proclaim to her that history is just men writing down what happens.It states clearly what really happened at that time and it is used for the future references.If we were to disregard the historical events of Jesus then we could even question the fact that World War 2 was just a fiction of imagination, or man landed on the moon could be a hoax?(Actually, I still believe that man never really landed on the moon itself! hehe..I believe it was a stage thingy because human beings just can't go near that zone as the pressure will vaporize them already..off topic..will discuss later)

Whatever it was, she finally came to a point of openess where I managed to share to her the gospel of Christ and that's really a blessing from God.It really took alot of faith to be focused on preaching the gospel than to end up with an intellectual argument with her.And in that meantime, I managed to gave a few tracts to those who was sitting in that same booth.

After that, we headed back to church and had a nice meal with Kok Wei and Jeff. We shared our experiences and it was refreshing plus encouraging at the same time to have godly chatter over a meal together. I really longed for moments such as these because most of the time, fellowshipping over a meal always ends up with crap and nonsense.Sad but true indeed.

Then after that, Jeff and myself managed to catch movie together in Queensbay..this time, we watched 21 which I already watched also a month ago.I decided to watch it with Jeff since he didn't had the chance to watch it yet so I would just accompany him that night.That movie was well scripted and gave a few good lessons to learn from it.A person can really change because of money and ultimately, it always starts with something small..something like a small desire and if fanned properly, it will certainly grow and eats its way into you.Ultimately, this is a great reminder to me..

"What profits a man if he gains the whole world yet loses his own soul" and with this I would end my entry tonight. God Bless. =)

No comments: