Monday, September 17, 2007

I am who I am

I did an online temperament test to see what kind of person I am.The results are below :



I'm classified as strong Phlegmatic and a little of Sanguine which makes me someone that is quite sluggish at doing things, lazy in nature, spontaneous, 'last-minute' kind of person, reluctant, always keeping the 'status quo' kind of person and much more.You can actually read them from the link above.

Well, as you can see, there's alot of weaknesses in me but you may be asking me, why am I stating only my weaknesses and not my strengths. My point would be simply this: I would rather esteem others better than myself. In my experience, I've always come across all this temperament tests that are usually to boost up our confidence and place our trust upon our strengths.

Sometimes, we rely too much on ourselves and who we are.Sometimes, we blame who we are for the wrong things that we do just simply because I am made this way.And then we expect others to accept our flaws and weaknesses.Some would say "I am a Sanguine, thus what I'm doing now is normal to me.I'm sorry, your values are not my values", and then some would determine that they are right regardless of what wrong they did to the other individual.

I guess we have pride in ourselves, just the measure of pride that differs.Our pride in us makes us think that we are who we are and what we do, others must respect.The culture around us today makes us very selfish creatures and we always think inwardly.The lack of love and care around us forces us to conform towards the patterns of this world.Sadly, we thought there's no choice, therefore we conform.

However, I found the cure for my pride. This cure can only be found in putting on humility and putting our trust upon Jesus Christ to change us into a being that is according to His traits.As Christians, we do not place our temperaments before us to determines who we are.All Christians are called to conform into Christ likeness and bear the fruits of the Spirit.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Galatians 5:22-26

How nice if everyone around us bear such traits and live together in love.There will still be temperaments among Christians, but there is one thing that all of us have in common in our character because we are all in One Spirit.

20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Galatians 2:20

Amen.

No comments: