Sunday, September 16, 2007

No More World









The world was once my stronghold,
Once I was led captivity to the world,
Being led by its powers,
I have succumbed to its addiction,
That captivates even the most casual players,
Nay, I will say No to the World,
Though once I walked in the paths of Kalimdor and Azeroth,
Now no longer will I see the wonders of Outland,
Because I am free,
Free from the bondage of the World,
For only He can set me free,
Thank You Lord Jesus.


On the 19th of August 2007 marks a turning point of my life, the day which I willingly quit World of Warcraft. Not because of the monthly subsciptions fee, not because of work, not because of time, not because of friends, and certainly not because of boredom. The reason is because I have wasted so much in my life playing this MMORPG which turns me into a useless Christian.

I have fading slowly ever since I have started this game last 2 years ago, fading from Him, fading from being fervent to Him, the one who was without sin and was made sin for my sake. Yes, the One who died for me so that I that was once dead and now alive in Him.I have drawn myself away from Him, my parents and friends.

This game is superbly done and well maintained, this I give it to them.I have to admit that this is the best game I've ever played in my entire 25 years of life.Superb graphics, very interactive game play, more than 5 million people plays this game, interesting quests hubs and exciting dungeon experience.I have influenced so many people in playing this game but now come to think of it, I kinda regret for doing so.Most of them now are lifeless in reality but full of life in a complete virtual world.

Thank God, I am able to break from this virtual cage and I thank my God for opening my spiritual eyes to look at what is eternal rather than what is temporal.Just look at the awards that this game has won. I wonder how can I break free from the best game ever made.One would wonder and question me, why?My reason?Because I want to do what God wants me to do.Period.


This morning I surfed the net and guess what I saw?Here it is:







Maybe Blizzard knew that their most influencial player has left the game thus they are giving such promotion?Hehehe (For those who can't see what it writes, Blizzard is offering their players one month free gaming if they are able to 'persuade' their ex-gamers)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post Bing. The first step is always the hardest...Glad you opted the hard way out...Settle for that and may fulfilling time finds you!