Monday, September 24, 2007

Retreat Blues

Last week, I had the priviledge of participating a youth retreat organized by my church, well I thank them for still considering me a 'youth' though, haha..Nevertheless, I will still go even though they consider me an 'over-aged-ancient-bones', no way they are gonna stop me from coming! *grin**I'M UNSTOPPABLE!!(Juggernaut's quote)*



*IM UNSTOPPABLE!*


Nevertheless, the retreat was very relaxing and lived up to it's title.Was able to get away from all my daily routines and work by spending time with a lively group of young people.It was not only refreshing but it's also a time for stack on!Almost every guy get 'stacked on' (except myself ^ ^) whenever there's an opening for the opportunity~For those who doesn't know what stacks on is, please refer to the photo below :




*too bad I didn't take any stacks on photos for you guys to see =( *


Fun eh?Should try that once a while ya when you gather up with your friends..They will surely love it and it tightens your 'bond'.Haha well that's not the only thing we did in the retreat else it would be a stack-ons camp and not retreat!We did some other cool activities together such as painting each other's legs, washing each other's legs (after painting them), PAINtBALL, and eat tons of food. At the end of the retreat, I gained around 2 kgs in just 3 days! Now I officially weigh 71kgs and I think I should be careful lest I become 100 kg! Haha

Besides of all those fun, we had some serious talks and workshops to keep our brains sane before all the food and games makes us insane.The talks were given by Alan, our youth leader, to give us a rough background of how false teachings in the church have crept in subtlely and make its home amongst us.We were warned to contend for the faith and stick the the bible alone regardless of many other teachings that were taught by men.To stand firm and believe solely on what the Bible says alone really takes alot of courage and guts when we are challenged inwardly or outwardly.To hold on to Sola Scriptura (which means "Scripture and Scripture Alone") stand will definitely put alot of believer's smile to frown because of the different stands that most believers hold.

Many so called church goers would call themselves "Christians" because they believe in God and Jesus, well it's not for me to judge whether are they true born again believers or not but it is God's calling for us all to test all the spirits.How can we test it with our own perceptions when there's the Bible to test it?How can we test unless we know the Truth?Jesus warned his disciples that in the last days, there will be many false prophets and false Christ and many people will follow them.Thus, we gotta know and contend for the faith with which we are in.


The choice is simple: "Come out and be separate" or "Join in and partake along".Which choice would we pick?Take the easy way or suffer for the sake of the call.Jesus didn't came to bring peace on earth but a sword which means we are meant to suffer because of Jesus.He suffered thus we as believers too are to participate in His sufferings; He glorified, we as believers too will be glorified together with Him.It is stated that "Narrow is the way that leadeth to life;Broad is the way that leadeth to destruction" in the Bible.

After that, we had a night session to wet our appetite on the calling to preach the gospel via a special video clip by Steven Curtis Chapman's live concert.The short video is based on "Operation Aucas Indians" formed by 5 young Christian missionaries that gave their lives for the sake of these indians in Ecuador.To cut the long story short, you can view the whole video here via YouTube:

Beyond the Gates Of Splendor Part 1

Beyond the Gates of Splendor Part 2

*sadly I have yet to find out how to embed these videos into my post..thus I can only give you the links*

Did you cried after watching them?Hehe..This was what was showed during the night session that encourages me to go forth and preach the Word with boldness.

Overall, I've greatly benefited from this retreat and nurished by the fellowship/teaching among my church members.We have surely gotten closer in our bonds after this retreat and I'm sure each and everyone of us that participated in this retreat will have the same thought with me.Here's the group photo we took after camp! I love you guys as my brothers and sisters in Christ!









"Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind." Phil 2:1-2

No comments: