Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Coincidence or Providence?

Year 2008 blasted off with some suprises and new challenges in my life as I looked back the past few weeks in the month of January.Many things happened, some are subtle, some are eventful, some are out of expectation, and some required a little patience. Let's see what happened:

1) Assigned to be Youth Chairman to replace Richard. (still struggling to be one..)
2) Went for 2 job interviews since I find no more motivation to work in my current one.(Not appreciated at all by manager..*sad*)
3) Received 2 offer letters from both companies. (Choice dilemma..but solved within a day!)
4) Gave 2 new year messages within 1 week. (Tough call, but with God all things are possible!)
5) Preparing for 2 huge events for this quarter: a) Ang Pow night on the 16th of Feb b) Youth Retreat on 8th till 10th March.

Well, I think that's all since I can't think of anything else for now.That's alot of events happening in one month alone! I believe I have talked much on being a youth chairman in my previous post so I won't be talking about them any longer.In this post, I would like to highlight more on the shifting job experience.

I told myself last year that I will definitely change my job because things are really getting out of hand since I had to handle 3 person's tasks + support! It's a mad house here.The manager don't see a need in hiring people to support me.I can't even afford to be sick!I have no backup support at all! There's no help coming so I thought to myself, "That's it lah! No point working here anymore..plus I had to work on weekends if there's any calls or issues." Sometimes I had to work on Sundays when I'm in church or whenever I'm in camps or vacations, I still have to work since they required me to standby at every moment.

So I prayed about it, whether I should change job or not.Even if I want to change job, there must be vacancies in other companies as well or else it's useless right.So I prayed that if it is God's will that I should change, then grant me those opportunities to apply.After some time, I updated my resume and posted it in JobStreet (an online job application service), hoping that some companies will call me for interviews.

I waited and waited for JobStreet to reply but seems like its taking forever.Si liao lah..No hope d..forever stuck in ASE already lah..Then I tried to send my resume via my friends.Then Motorola called me for a job interview after waiting for a few days.I was delighted and nervous at the same time since I haven't really been through many interviews before.As I packed my certificates for my interview, suddenly my mum accidentally found my SPM certificate which I thought it can never be found ever again ever since form5.I applied for my first job by using the SPM result slip instead of SPM Certificate! Imagine that crumpled piece of result slip can secure me a full time job! Hmm, never throw away your SPM result slip because you may never know when you need them..kekekeke..The funny thing was why would companies still need your SPM cert if you already have a degree in a certain field.Without a SPM cert, one could not apply for any Malaysian universities or colleges.Imagine I applied for my diploma and degree using that crumpled piece of paper.I don't know where my SPM cert went since after form5.Suddenly I found it back.Coincidence?I don't think so.

More importantly, Motorola required me to provide them my SPM certificate and the night before that interview, I found it.Coincidence?Ok, fast forward.Then Motorola interviewed me and planned to hire me after the interview.I was happy of course but was abit reluctant to go there since I had to re-learn everything because they are not using the same platform that I was trained in.Plus I had to be on call 24/7 and had to attend for conference call at late nights with the US party.Anyway, I didn't expressed my regret about it since they are paying me more and I will be able to work flexi hours (can start work at anytime from 8 to 9).

However, after 1 week, I had another call for interview at First Solar located in Kulim.To cut the long story short, after 2 interviews with them, they decided to offer me! And this time, I get more benefits, and I'm much more familiar with the systems used there.I call Motorola and rejected that offer and gladly accepted First Solar's offer.Coincidence?I don't think so.

Not only I am getting a new job, I'm going to US as well for training provided by First Solar! Wow.I didn't think that I would be able to go this far for training.Coincidence?I really think all this is due to God's providence instead of a pure coincidence.God knew my heart and answer my prayer just to show how much He cared and showed me that He can just bless me like that because He can.Everything happened in the span of 2 weeks and I couldn't even catch my breath till now.

Not only that, I placed my faith in God by tendering my resignation letter to my boss even before I receive the offer letter from any company! All I needed was that oral confirmation thru phone and I trust God will look after everything for me.Indeed He did! Blessed be the Lord God for He is my salvation, my strength and my song! Throughout all these experiences, I grew in faith to walk with faith rather than by sight.I place my surety and trust in God because I know I will never walk in darkness or lose my way in life.

Now I can truly understand that phrase in Habakkuk 2:4 ,

“Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith. "

No comments: