Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bloodnut Overloaded!

It's a quarter past 4 now and I'm dead tired sitting in my cubicle solving issues at my work place.The new cubicle is indeed nice because I'm all 'covered' from all sides except for the exit which means I can surf the net and chat with my friends via MSN without any worries. Hehe Unlike my old cubicle, it was wide open and everyone who walks to the loo will always be able to see what I'm doing.You might be wondering why I was transfered to a new cubicle.Well a colleague of mine just resigned and left, I was to replace him and all his workload TOGETHER with my current job scope until a new employee is hired!!!



As if that's not tragic enough, another colleague of mine was transfered to work in a main project with the vendors therefore his current job scope is left void.Thus my superior placed me (Why me??) to replace him as well!! Bravo, I'm now the 'trinity' (new name given by Kah Wai).How come I wasn't paid 3 times of my current salary?Well, this is Malaysia I supposed, Malaysia 'Boleh' and I'm a Malaysian therefore I am 'boleh'. Boleh dipergunakan got lah..



Although my job scope grew overnight, I believe this new job scope will be much more interesting than my old one.In this new job scope, I am in charge of System Automation which means most of my systems are related to the manufacturing line directly and also deals with machines.I always love new challenges but not in this way. Having a single person single handedly handling 3 person's job is no joke.



I can only persevere until the new employees arrive.The worst part of working life is getting not appreciated in the work that I have done.Only the users know what I did and reward me accordingly.My boss?He thinks what I'm doing is peanut (kacang).





As I am furious with all this, a thought came to me that calmed me down and put me into deep thought. Do we ever think that we appreciate what God has done for the world?I mean in creating the earth, creating the animals and plants, the beauty and splendor of nature, blessed us with the authority over earth and given us the freedom to make choices.Have we ever thought about that? Or are we taking all that is around us for granted? Do we even stop and admire God's creation and blessing for us all or are we too busy to notice God in our lives?

I have always complain much on how much I've gotta do and have to do in order to fulfill my duties and desires.Complaining that no one ever noticed what I did (I mean at my work place) and appreciate my contribution, and yet forgetting that I am not the only one that feels this way.

It always occured to me that I have to often think for others in order for God to teach me something valuable.I believe that God really wants us to think for one another and love one another. And I believe that's how we become a much more matured person, regardless of whether a person is a Christian or not.Maturity comes when one starts to think of the need of the other person.Well, I'm not saying maturity can only comes in one way only but can be obtain as well from other aspects like responsibility, etc.

Now, I have learnt to be tougher in times like this, and learn to appreciate others more especially God in His providence and guidance.

Why should I be discouraged when the one who watches the sparrow is ever watching over me?

No comments: